Many parts of Electro has been completely re-written. In this chapter, we’ll list all the changes we’ve made in Electro 2.0
Newly Added Features
We’ve added 2 new home pages to Electro. We are calling them Home v4 and Home v5. These 2 home pages have added 10 new sections with their Visual Composer equivalent elements. Here are the screenshots of the newly added home pages :
Dedicated Mobile Home pages
We’ve introduced 2 new pages just for mobile. These pages are meant specially for mobile. They will have a different header, footer and content. New settings in Electro theme options to control which page should load if accessed from mobile.
With 2 new home pages, we’ve also added 2 new headers.
We now have introduced 2 menu locations.
- Off Canvas Menu: Earlier an offcanvas menu was available only on mobile view. Now this menu is available on all screens
- Mobile Handheld Department: Departments menu in Mobile Home v2
Changes to mobile layout
With inputs from our customers, we’ve completely re-written the mobile responsive view of our existing pages. Most visible changes are :
- New Mobile header
- Default 2-columns for products in mobile view
- Improved display for Product Cards
- Various structures are neatly re-arranged instead of single column
- Scrollable tabs instead of vertical columns
- New Footer for mobile
Migration to Flexbox
We’ve migrated from traditional CSS float for layout to Flexbox. Even though the theme loads Bootstrap 3.7.x ( for backward compatibility ), we’ve re-written most of the layouts using Bootstrap 4’s grid mixins. Flexbox allows greater flexibility and removes hacks that are used to adjust layout issues. Here are the places where we’ve re-written CSS code for layout using Flexbox :
- Header Elements
- Footer Widgets and Footer Bottom Widgets
- The complete page layout with sidebar
- Product lists and Product Cards
General Reduction in spacing
In Electro 1.x, there were lot of white spacing between sections and between elements within sections. We’ve reduced them as that is the latest trend with latest eCommerce websites. Here is a quick look at the differences :
30% increase in Shop Page Speed
Shop pages in Electro by default had 4 views. We have optimized the data load logic for these views. Our tests have confirmed improvement in shop page speed upto 30%.
Complete One Click Demo Import
Earlier in 1.2.x versions, we had supplied one click demo import. However after one click demo import you will have to do additional configurations and import sliders separately. With 2.0, every configuration and even slider import is taken care by just one click making it truly One Click Demo Import
- The Handheld Footer Bar has dropped in 2.0
- Remove SASS files from the theme package