Importing demo content by Manual
Once you had downloaded the package from ThemeForest, you can find the dummy data inside dummy-data > sinbad > dummy-data.xml.
Installing Dummy Data
- Please navigate to Tools > Import inside the WP admin dashboard.
- At the bottom of table, there is WordPress Importer. Please click on Install Now, if WordPress Importer is not already installed or Run Importer if it has already been installed.
- In the Import WordPress page, click on the file upload button and upload dummy-data.xml file or dummy-data.tar.gz and click on Upload file and import
- In the next page, you will be asked to Assign authors. You can create a new user or assign all the newly about to be imported posts to an existing user.
- In the Import Attachments section please check the Download and import file attachments option. This options means that you are asking WordPress to download all images and other media files from the demo.
- Click on Submit
- On clicking Submit, the WordPress Importer will start by importing all the file attachments.
- If your web server has low PHP memory ( recommended 256M ) or lower PHP version ( recommend 7+) or low execution timeout ( 30s for fast bandwidth servers and 60s for slow bandwidth servers ), the WordPress Importer will throw fatal 500 Internal Server Error or 502 Gateway time out error.
- If you have good server settings, the importer will display All Done message.
- This means all the demo files and posts have been imported. Wordpress Importer on completing import would have imported all pages, comments, products, posts, static blocks and other custom post types.
Importing Home page sliders
Sliders are not imported with WordPress Importer. The sliders are available inside the dummy-data folder within the download package. They need to be imported separately.
- Please navigate to Slider Revolution in your WordPress admin menu.
- In the Slider Revolution page, click on Import Slider icon.
- In the modal box that pops up, click on the upload file select button and choose home-v1-slider.zip file to import the slider for Home v1.
- Repeat the above steps to import home-v2-slider.zip and home-v3-slider.zip sliders.