Electro‘s footer has 4 rows with 2 widget areas separated by a Footer Newsletter Section.
- The 2 widget areas are Footer Widgets and Footer Bottom Widgets. You can drag and drop your widgets from Appearances > Widgets. However if there were no widgets present in this areas, it would load the default widgets.
- The last row of the footer is called Copyright Bar which has Copyright Information on left and payment logo on right.
Here is the Footer’s anatomy:
The Footer Widgets is the top most row in the footer. It is a widgetized area and can be populated from Appearance > Widgets > Footer Widgets.
In the preview it has 3 widgets. Technically it is possible to have more than or less than 3 widgets and the width will be automatically adjust to be equally shared by the number of widgets.
By default the footer widget area is populated with 3 instances of 2 widgets and they are :
- WooCommerce Products Widget – configured to display Featured Products
- WooCommerce Products Widget – configured to display On Sale Products
- WooCommerce Top Selling Products Widget.
Output of Footer Widgets
Footer Contact Information
The Footer Contact Information is just below the Footer widgets and is separated by Footer Newsletter Form. This section has :
- Logo – Footer Logo can be set from Electro > Footer > Footer Contact Block > Your Logo.
- Footer Contact Text – The default value is “Got Questions ? Call us 24/7!” and can be changed from Electro > Footer > Footer Contact Block > Call us text.
- Footer Contact Number – The default value is “(800) 8001-8588, (0600) 874 548” and can be changed from Electro > Footer > Footer Contact Block > Call us number.
- Footer Contact Info Address – The default value is “17 Princess Road, London, Greater London NW1 8JR, UK 1-888-8MEDIA (1-888-892-9953)” and can be changed from Electro > Footer > Footer Contact Block > Footer Address.
- Footer Social Icons – Links to Social media profiles. It can be set from Electro > Footer > Footer Contact Block > Show Footer Social Icons
- Edit the information as required and click on Save Changes in Electro page.
Footer Bottom Widget Area
The Footer Bottom Widget Area is adjacent to Footer Contact Information section. It is a widgetized area and it can contain any number of widgets. It can be populated from Appearance > Widgets > Footer Bottom Widget Area.
In the preview it has 3 widgets. Technically it is possible to have more than or less than 3 widgets.
By default the footer bottom widget area is populated with 3 instances of 3 widgets and they are :
- WooCommerce Categories Widgets – configured to display Find It Fast section
- WP Meta Widget – configured to display Meta Information links.
- WP Pages Widget – configured to display Pages menu links.
Output of Footer Contact and Bottom Widgets
The Copyright Bar can be configured via Electro > Footer > Footer Credit Block.
- Enable Footer Credit BlockFooter Credit – Enable or disable the footer
- Footer Credit – the default is “© <a href=”<website-url>”>electro</a> – All Rights Reserved.“
- Footer Payment Icons – Displays all the payment methods available to the user. There is no default and each logo needs to be uploaded to media library. The recommended resolution for payment logos is 40×29 pixels
Output of Copyright Bar