Take a moment to review the server requirements before installation or you may encounter issues when using MAS Videos. If you need a new host or don’t have one yet see our recommended hosts who can get you set up with MAS Videos right away.
With MAS Videos activated several items are added to your site for it to function properly:
- New menu items, custom post types, and taxonomies for movies, videos, tv shows, and more.
- New widgets and shortcodes.
If you have an existing site and want to install MAS Videos, using the WordPress Admin is the most straightforward option as it handles everything for you.
To install MAS Videos:
- Log into your WordPress site.
- Go to: Plugins > Add New.
- Search for ‘MAS Videos’.
- Select Install Now when you see it’s by MadrasThemes.
- Select Activate Now and you’re ready for the MAS Videos Setup!
Uninstalling MAS Videos
There are two things to understand when uninstalling or removing MAS Videos.
- If you deactivate and delete the plugin from WordPress, you only remove the plugin and its files. Your settings, movies, videos, pages, etc… will still exist in the database.
- If you need to remove ALL MAS Videos data, including movies, videos data, etc., you need to be able to modify the site’s wp-config.php file to set a constant as true.
Open your site’s wp-config file and add
define( 'MASVIDEOS_REMOVE_ALL_DATA', true);on its own line above the /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ line. Then when you deactivate and delete MAS Videos it will remove all of its data.